Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Heidi's 6th Birthday

I noticed over the last couple of years that our girls look SO TIRED in their birthday pictures. In a quest to remedy that, I decided we would celebrate with Esther after lunch on her birthday.

Fast forward a few months and Heidi knew she didn't want to wait till after dinner either!

Fortunately for her, we celebrated RIGHT AFTER BREAKFAST!

Eric left the house early the morning of Heidi's birthday and got back after she was in bed. SO....she was MORE than willing to accommodate his schedule. What a lucky girl.


She requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Same request for the last three years. A girl after my own heart.






Look at the size of that ice cream scoop!


Becca thinks we should share.


She really, really, thinks we should share.
Good thing she's easily distracted.








Nevermind that her birthday is not for another six days, Autumn is ALWAYS excited and ALWAYS happy. How I love her!


I think of Wall-E every time I look at this picture.
Heidi is so excited to bird watch and "nature watch" with her new binoculars.
Bugs, nature, music, and a spunkiness you will be hard pressed to find aywhere else.
That's what makes Heidi tick these days.


Woohoo!! Her very own mp3 player!!
(And it even LOOKS like a iPod. But it's not...and she doesn't care about that kind of thing!)



Both Heidi & Autumn requested lunch outside for their birthdays.
(Note Autumn's legs.)

I'm not sure why she's making that face at me. Maybe she was telling them to "look, mom's taking a picture."

Happy Birthday Heidi!!!
We love you!

3 Comments:

  1. Kristen said...
    You are such a cool Mom! I love the picnic outside with the canopy set up! That is so cool!
    Jean said...
    Happy birthday to Heidi!! Yaaaaay!! Wow, six years already. I love the idea of doing birthday celebrations earlier than the evening - so smart!! Looks like a great time!
    Rae said...
    I have this lump in my throat....I love them. I love them so much. I just want to gather them all in my arms! I can't WAIT for Thanksgiving.

Post a Comment