Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Autumn helped me go through my coupons this week to get rid of the expired ones. There was a running commentary of:
"You really like Shout, don't you?"
"Oh! These are good ones."
"Glade is good, isn't it?"
"Oh Mom, I like these ones."
And for the past few days, each time I print a coupon she says, "You really like coupons don't you Mom?"
So I am officially a coupon nerd, or whatever they call it. It's always been the little things in life that make me happy and couponing is no different. A few cents here and there really add up as you go along.
I know it's going to be a good month.
I keep smiling every time I think about how:
- I paid 0.76/box of Mini-Wheats, Cinnamon Struesel, regular, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate (and bought 20 of them for a total of $15.20)
- I am sending in for a Kellogg's rebate of $10 on the above Mini-Wheats which means I actually only paid $5.20 for TWENTY boxes of cereal! (As long as I use the rebate on things we regularly buy :)) That works out to 0.26 per box. And it comes with a $70 Dell Coupon Code. I think I'm going to be getting a new printer/scanner!
- I paid $5.49/pack of HUGGIES diapers that are usually $9.99/pack.
- I finally buckled down and bought a few months worth of diapers at that low of a price.
- I paid NOTHING for four rolls of Scott paper towels! I hate how things like paper towels and toilet paper add so much to my budget...and while I realize I could do without the paper towels, I love having them and love it even more when I can get them for FREE!
I'm discovering I love sales and I love seeing how far I can stretch my grocery budget when I match up coupons to sales or match manufacturer's coupons with store coupons!
So what kind of things are you nerdy about?