Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Whew. We've just come off of an intense week and a half. In a nutshell (and hah! I just realized I really do mean that because these are really the short versions of our last week and a half!):

  • Eric had the flu, and then bronchitis. He's on antibiotics now and was told he can go back to school on Thursday.
  • Our dryer broke! A sister in our ward had one she didn't need so we were able to get one for free!
  • Heidi fell off of her toy kitchen and I was sure we were going to the ER. She sure knows how to scream, but turns out she's okay.
  • I had a super intense migraine while driving home with the new dryer. It was so bad that I had to pull over to get out of the car and throw up! It was gone about an hour after I got home but for that hour, we sure were a sight to see. Eric sacked out on the couch. Me sprawled on the floor. The girls had yogurt, string cheese, and bread for dinner that night. Thank goodness for modern-day medicine to help chase away that migraine!

And I'm sure my brain is reacting to being on overload for all the fun we've been having so I don't know how much of this is really me speaking or my brain in overdrive...but either way...

I'm feeling like an introverted micro-manager. Almost seems like that could be an oxymoron of sorts. I'm withdrawing into myself wanting some peace, quiet, and an uninterrupted book, but at the same time I'm explaining how to make a sandwich or putting toothpaste on my four-year-old and six-year-old's toothbrushes when I'm sure they could manage.

Anyone know of any inspiring/motivating/just-plain-good books on NOT micro-managing your kids? Helping them learn to do things independently? Helping them think more independently? I think about this all the time...but it doesn't always translate into the way I interact with my girls.

2 Comments:

  1. Anna said...
    Man what a week. It is times like those where I wish we were closer, so we could all help out. It's amazing how life seems to throw everything at you at once. I am glad you are on the down hill of it all. I sure love you guys!
    chucknorris said...
    awww, poor abby!! it's ok, when times are that rough you know that eventually it has to get better. not that that helps though... anyway, i dont know any micro managing books for kids except maybe the book of mormon? pff that sounds so corny. wish you were here!

Post a Comment