Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm just a bill


Remember this? I loved Schoolhouse Rock growing up.

I was excited to find a compilation DVD at our library with ALL the Schoolhouse Rock songs on it. Our girls have been having a great time.

At the video store today, Heidi was running around singing, "Lolly, lolly, lolly, get your adverbs here." The video clerk was amazed that she knew the song and said he was just singing "I'm just a bill" this morning! :) (When the bills came in the mail....)

I love how things like Schoolhouse Rock still have a timeless feel to them. My kids are separated by a generation from me and yet they enjoy these just as much as I did.

So why can I only find these at the library or at expensive prices online? And why don't we have more stuff like this??

Ah. The good old days.

EDIT: Guess what? I guess I didn't look very hard because I just found the Schoolhouse Rock 30th Anniversary DVD (which has ALL the songs ever made) on Amazon for $14.99!! Cool!

2 Comments:

  1. raehink said...
    Duran has all of them on his IPod! Aunt Rae
    Lisa said...
    Oh man, that's awesome. I need to watch some of those again.

Post a Comment