Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Post-Strike Countdown

Hi, my name is Abby, and I'm a TV junkie. (Telaholics Anonymous...) I love my shows. Seriously though, aside from my shows, I don't watch a lot of TV. Eric and I love sitting down after the girls are in bed and watching our favorites together. And I love having a Media Center PC and being able to record without TiVo or DvR and watch things when it's convenient for us!

Right now we've been on the edge of our seats watching Jericho which probably wouldn't have made it back without the strike! So at least we have one thing to thank the writer's strike for. We've also been deep into Lost. I'm so sad that the last of the already shot episodes will be this March 13th and then we have to wait until April 24th for more!!

I'm looking forward to:

Battlestar Galactica - April 4th
The Office - April 10th
Scrubs - April 10th

And then after a busy summer, look who's coming back!

Life - Fall '08
Heroes - Fall '08
Pushing Daisies - Fall '08

And sadly, I have to wait a whole YEAR from the originally scheduled date for the amazing Jack Bauer to return.

24 - Jan '09

If you watch something I don't and want to know when it's coming back, here's where I found all my info for CBS, NBC, Fox, and the CW.

And notice that I am shamelessly slipping in a plug here and there for my new favorite shows that deserve more attention by providing you links! If you don't watch them already -- DO!

5 Comments:

  1. Marc said...
    Abby,
    Can I be in your teleholics group? I to look forward to sitting down with the hubby to watch our favorite shows! We too love our Media Center. I have to say I like it much better than DVR and other recording units I have seen! Go us we are very cool:) I guess what I love most is that we get to watch what we want when we can and they sit there for a week or more but they are there when we want them and hello...no suffering through commercials!!!
    Anyway, I haven't watched alot of the shows you like so I will have to check some of them out. Here are some of my favorites! I know I have a lot but seriously these shows are AWESOME.

    Bones
    Ghost Whisperer
    Medium
    Chuck
    Eli Stone
    The Closer
    Grey's Anatomy (naughty me!)
    Numbers
    October Road
    The Big Bang Theory

    Thanks for the links to see when things are coming out again:)
    Marc said...
    oops I posted as Marc:) It was really me...Jenni haha
    Abby said...
    Jenni, that was so funny! I was reading your first comment thinking -- "Is this Jenni? But why does it say Marc?" And then when I clicked on Marc, he hasn't shared his profile with other users yet, so nothing came up and I started to think it was some person I don't even know....I'm so glad it was you. :)

    And oh yeah, I forgot - I watch "The Closer" too! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I didn't check it since it's on TNT, but I'm guessing it'll air at its normal time this summer.

    And yes - you must check out some of my shows! They're awesome. :)

    I used to watch Medium ALL the time but I got tired of the marital "angst". It was like they were always having some big issue. Chuck looks really good, but I haven't wanted to jump in in the middle - I'll have to watch from the beginning someday. We caught the premier of Eli Stone and thought it was kind of cool if a little weird. I love Numbers, but don't usually watch it...go figure. I was curious about Bones but haven't bothered to try it yet. And I've never heard of October Road & The Big Bang Theory.
    RC said...
    abby, sounds like you need to rent some tv dvds or something...catch up on something you haven't watched.

    i really hope heroes is awesome when it starts up again.

    i'm totally waiting for 24 along with you...word on the street is that there will be a 24 movie this fall (a season 7 prequel)
    Lisa said...
    Cannot WAIT until the office and scrubs come back. That will be a wonderful day.

Post a Comment