Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm reading...

Today I decided to keep all the books I'm reading in one place. They are now on the counter between our kitchen and dining room and
I'm really liking it because it's a visual reminder of my choices. :)

It's really helpful because I get drawn into my fiction reads so easily that sometimes I forget about the other things I'm reading at a slower pace.
(Obviously, some of these are more for reference and I'm not necessarily reading them word-for-word.)



(100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum, Story Stretchers, Anno's Math Games, The History of Joseph Smith, Selected Poems of Ogden Nash, Games with Books, Monkey Business [a biography of the Marx Brothers], The Three R's, Homeschooling from Scratch, Games for Reading, Games for Learning, Home Learning Year by Year, Collected Poems of Robert Service, The Plug-In Drug, and The Fires of Heaven)



And THIS is a cookbook holder that my mom gave me for Christmas.
I use it to read books while doing dishes.
(And yes! Those are CLEAN dishes in the background! Yipee!)

3 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    How very YOU, Abby! :) I love it! (Which makes sense, since I love YOU...)
    Lisa said...
    Okay, so I know that you like books, but I can't even imagine reading that many books all at once! Wow!!!

    P.S. And given those choices, I'd probably pick the "Ghiradelli" to the right ;)
    Abby said...
    Lisa, actually I counted the books and only four of them are ones I'm reading cover-to-cover. All the rest I kind of skim through and take what I need. :)

    And this is shocking (or not, depending on how you look at it) but there's no chocolate in the Ghiradelli tin! :) It has rocks in it....

    Mmm...Ghiradelli. Or Dove. So good.

Post a Comment