Saturday, February 12, 2011

to bear Testimony

(I really don't know if anyone who reads this isn't familiar with my faith, but if you are, I'm including links!)

With last Sunday being Fast Sunday, I've had testimonies on my mind a lot. I remember a letter that was read in sacrament meeting 10+ years ago about how testimonies should be short enough to allow time for all who want to share, to be able to. It also talked about "testimonies" versus "thankimonies" or "storymonies". There have been several Conference talks that touch on this too. The other night as I was reading, I found this link, many of those articles combined into one.

I decided we should have a Family Home Evening about testimonies this week. We've done that before, but this time I figured we'd do something extra.


The girls wasted no time once I put it together. We weren't even ready for FHE and they were giving "talks", setting up chairs, laying out hymnbooks. My girls sure crack me up and make me smile!


A little imagination goes a long way if you have a stool, a gate, a baton, a blanket, and some duct tape.

4 Comments:

  1. Lisa said...
    What a cute idea! That's awesome!
    Jean said...
    Nice pulpit!!! That's a great idea!
    Rae said...
    Abby!! HAHAHHAH! I LOVE this! I'm smiling so big my face hurts, seeing your ingenuity and knowing how much kid-you and kid-me would have loved that, even more than we do at this age....
    Qait said...
    Oh, I LOVE it, Abby!!! AWESOME! That's great! I ditto what Rae said!

Post a Comment