Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I knew she couldn't escape it for too much longer!


Eric got glasses in 3rd grade, I got them in 1st grade. Eric's prescription isn't too bad, but it's significant enough. Mine is bad. -7.5 & -8.5. And with both of our moms and dads in glasses/contacts and most of our siblings...well, you know, it was bound to happen.

Interestingly enough though, they're just reading glasses (for now, right?!). Prescription reading glasses. And she's far-sighted right now. The doctor said that would go away in a few years and she wouldn't need the glasses anymore. My bet's on her just transitioning into near-sighted glasses...which Mom says isn't unusual!

6 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    I'll just be happy if she doesn't reach into the -11.5 range! I'm quietly watching the kids, waiting for the moment of glasses....at least they have a 50% chance with Phill's beautiful eyesight!
    Heidi said...
    She looks so cute! And at the risk of sounding like an advertisement, have you checked out Zenni Optical? We get back up glasses there (in bulk) for Bennett and I just got some really cute ones, two pairs including shipping for $20. (Now I do sound like an ad?) His bendable frames from Zenni are more durable than the insurance covered ones from the local shop, which we ran over with the stroller and destroyed today. And you can order one pair of glasses at the regular price then just empty frames as back up for half the listed price. Not that you'll break them as often as we do. :)

    Okay, I'll stop now, but just in case you hadn't heard about them I wanted to share. I know it won't be long before our other kids are in glasses so I love finding these less expensive options.
    Lisa said...
    Our kids are also screwed in the eye department. And we're a lot like you guys--I'm -7.5. John's somewhere in the -3s, I think. Wimpy, haha :) I got glasses the summer after kindergarten.

    The good news is that she looks super cute in them!
    Trishelle said...
    She looks absolutely beautiful and distinguished!! Very nice, Sweetie!
    Qait said...
    But she's still adorable! Thank goodness she doesn't have to endure owly glasses like we did, right?

    And with technology being amazing and all, maybe someday lasik will become the totally normal thing to do, as common as contacts...
    ...I'll keep dreaming...
    Jean said...
    She looks fantastic!!! Very intelligent. :-)

Post a Comment