Thursday, February 3, 2011

Code Names

I've really enjoyed seeing the different code names friends have come up for their family on their blogs. I haven't felt any desire/need to do that myself, but I've often asked myself what names we would use if we did do code names. For some reason, I just couldn't come up with anything and it bothered me. But recently it's become obvious.

So, I'm still not planning to use code names, but if I do I'll have plenty of fodder and the girls love the idea of having nicknames. One in particular has even asked that we call her by her current obsession's name....

Meet:

Hermione
This one comes as no surprise after two years in a row of dressing up as Hermione Granger for Halloween.
It's a little dark, but there's a Hermione wall sticker on her cabinet.


Hello Kitty
She was ecstatic to realize they share the same initials. A match made in heaven.


Tinkerbell
What little girl doesn't love this little green fairy?
Esther got to meet her for the first time recently and I did a little inner "happy squeal" when Tink said to the boy in front of us, "Oh, don't you want to say hi -- boy?"


and, well, this one's still up in the air...
Spitfire?
Cheezer?
Goofy?

What do you think?

As I was telling the girls about their friend's code names and the names we could use if we wanted, the conversation took an interesting turn...
Me: "And Daddy would be Mr. Incredible."
Girls: "Yeah!"
Me: "And I would be Elasti-Girl."
Autumn: "But you're not skinny enough!"

???!!

I had a good laugh over that one. And I was relieved to discover she wasn't calling me fat. :D She meant I can't stretch like that. But then, who can?!


3 Comments:

  1. Christine said...
    You got me thinking about what "code names" I would use for my family. I'll have to think about it and do a post on it. So have you decided what your code name will be?
    Qait said...
    Cute!
    That's fun to think about!
    I couldn't stand doing it regularly, though. :)
    I'm trying to be quick because I'm pretending I don't hear Ender waking up...
    Trishelle said...
    I love those names!! Very appropriate and chosen! We sure love those sweet faces!

Post a Comment