Friday, February 18, 2011

Sometimes I get so busy with the day-to-day demands of life that when something keeps happening over and OVER again, I just keep chugging along. Never stepping back to figure out how to address the issue.

Case in point:

1. In the morning, the girls get to watch some cartoons before we start our school day. But sometimes, once school has started, one of the girls will turn the TV back on -- distracting everyone else! And with 4 girls who all know how to at least turn on the TV, this can be a problem. I finally did something about it. I turn the TV to a really boring channel, or one we don't even get, turn off the TV, and then I put the remotes on the very top of my 6-shelf bookcase. Works like a charm.


2. We have a basket on our shoe cabinet for our keys and Eric's wallet, phone, and ipod. Usually it looks something like this because it gets overrun with other things that are just too tempting to dump there instead of elsewhere...

Well, it used to be that Becca could only reach it if she climbed on things. Until recently. It's been a daily battle. This is exactly what I'm talking about. There really was no need for me to be dealing with this every day. I finally did something about it.


2 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    YES! I'm proud of you!
    Qait said...
    Hooray! That must feel SO good!
    (And my, what a lovely little entryway!)

Post a Comment