Monday, October 1, 2007

Tag: 5 Things

5 THINGS I WAS DOING TEN YEARS AGO
1) Working at Burger King -- never again!
2) Taking piano lessons from a CRAZY woman who stood behind me with her hands on my shoulders saying, "One, choo, three, One, choo, three..." and watching TV while she taught (REALLY)
3) Swing dancing (so fun!)
4) Staying up way too late (wait -- has that changed?)
5) Cheating at RISK (which I only attribute to the time of day and lack of attention paid by everyone else! YOU try playing neverending RISK till 3am with no end in sight and then you'll understand. Especially if you blatantly cheat and your buddies STILL don't notice! :) I love you guys!)

5 THINGS ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST
1) Go to Jennie's for a play-date with Max & Kate (done)
2) Make a list of all the high school choirs in the area (done)
3) Give the girls a bath
4) Have Family Home Evening (I'm lesson tonight)
5) Kick back and watch TV

5 SNACKS I ENJOY
1) Toast and Cocoa (and my birthday Cocoa Latte just came in the mail today, so I know what I'M having for a late-night snack!)
2) FRESH pears (none of that canned nonsense - I forgot until recently just what a difference there is between the two!)
3) Chocolate (in almost any form)
4) a bowl of cold cereal
5) BREAD (mmm...yummy bread. And guess what? One of our Wal-marts has a great bakery and sells fresh-made sliced Italian or 9-grain bread for only $1.33...boy am I in trouble...Mom, Anna, you better come help me eat all this yummy bread!)

5 SONGS I KNOW THE LYRICS TO
1) John Lee Supertaster by They Might Be Giants (this is one of many that I love but was only introduced to because of Autumn & Heidi's interest in the CD "No" -- check it out! It's hilarious!)
2) Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins (well, not originally by him of course, but that's my favorite version)
3) Mysterious Woman by Christine Lavin (another one you just have to hear to understand why I love it...It's silly and a little quirky so it fits me well :0))
4) I Can See Clearly Now (yay for old songs with fun memories!)
5) Man on the Moon by Harry Connick Jr. (this one always cheers me up)

5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A MILLIONAIRE
1) Buy a grand piano
2) Go on a cruise (hopefully I'll do this sooner! They're not as expensive as I always thought!)
3) Buy a house up front (it'd be fun to see just what that amount of money would look like...maybe I should pay for the house in CASH, brand-spanking-new bills, ONES? Well...maybe 100s...)
4) Invest! Somewhere...somewhere smart. Eric knows all about that. I'd leave it to him (mostly).
5) Buy some new clothes.

5 BAD HABITS

1) I put dirty dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is right next to the sink (BAD, BAD, BAD...this one's on it's way out, I'm proud to report!)
2) making lists (there really should be moderation in ALL things, even lists!)
3) Putting my keys in a different place almost every time I set them down!
4) Leaving unfolded clean laundry in my laundry basket for way too long!
5) not asking for help (why is that so hard? It's silly!)

5 THINGS I WILL NEVER WEAR AGAIN
1) HEADGEAR
2) Black and white polka-dot skirts that have enough fabric to twirl all the way up to the waist (tell me, when is that EVER fashionable?)
3) TAPERED jeans
4) Glasses with lenses more than twice the size necessary.
5) Biker shorts (and we're not talking about biker shorts worn when biker or under exercise clothes here...we're talking about that age when it was "cool" to wear biker shorts as stand-alone SHORTS!

5 FAVORITE TOYS
1) a stuffed cow I insisted was a HE for the longest time, despite the fact that I knew very well that wasn't biologically possible.
2) A baton I got for Christmas when I was six. I used to dance for hours in a leotard (with tu-tu and all) to "Feliz Navidad"....
3) Depending on the definition of "toy", I'd include my piano!
4) puzzles (currently kakuro but I love sudoku too)
5) books (I just randomly thought of "Gus-gus" in Cinderella when he sees the cheese and says, "Oh goodie, goodie, goodie!"

Alright, Anna & Jenny - TAG, you're it!


3 Comments:

  1. Crystal said...
    Um...what if your description of the polka dot skirt totally makes me want to go & buy one just like that & wear it everyday just so I can twirl? Yeah, I really want that skirt.

    PS I had a baton as a girl & it was like the coolest thing EVER!!! I was so going to be in parades. I was going places with that baton. Luckily, a year or two later, I came to my senses & realized a career in baton twirling wasn't all it was made out to me.
    Anna said...
    Okay, I will get to the tag as soon as I can. Oh and I would love to eat that bread with you. Alas, you will still have to eat it for me. Love you
    The Hodges said...
    Abby you are wonderful! James and I got a good laugh with this post! Thanks for the insight on you!

Post a Comment