Monday, September 17, 2007

Cute Kid!

Today when I picked up Autumn from school she was talking my ear off, as usual, when she paused mid-sentence and said in a very grown-up voice, "Have I told you about this?" She was telling me about something that had happened at school, but in order to finish she had to explain something about some of their school rules and that's when she asked that. I thought it was very cute.

And tonight she was in charge of our Family Home Evening lesson and wanted to have it be about Jesus washing the Apostles' feet. (The topic in Primary is service this month, and she also gave a talk on Sunday about service and it started with a picture of Jesus washing the Apostles' feet.) So Eric helped her get some pictures ready and talked to her about what she wanted to say. To start, he asked her why Jesus washed the Apostle's feet. She said, "Well, a goat went poo in the road and the Apostles stepped in it so he had to clean it off." She wasn't joking either. I guess it is quite possible that they had goat dung on their feet, considering the time period and all...but it wasn't quite what we were expecting!

2 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    Abby, that is SO funny!! I had to call one of my friends to tell her about the goat poo comment. I miss your girls. I miss you. I miss Eric. *Sigh....*
    J&C Hale family said...
    Abby, I like the poem you have on the front. I've heard it fairly often before, so it makes it that much more fun to read. It sounds like you all are doing well. It's fun to see the pictures of your girls. It's amazing how quickly they grow!

Post a Comment