Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am SO done.


It just wasn't meant to be.

Dryers + Me + Florida = Tragedy

That's right, the dryer we bought to replace the one that caught on fire has stopped working. At first I was tempted to feel bad that we continue to get used dryers instead of caving in and going with a new one. But then I remembered:
  • three dryers for a total of $50 is a good thing
  • three dryers over a total of 3 years is not so good, but still pretty good for only $50
  • two of those dryers were free
  • a new dryer would cost $300
At this point, I have flipped the circuit breaker hoping it would be that simple. It wasn't. Next I will pull out the dryer and see if I can take off the back. Not because I know what I'm doing, but because maybe I'll see something that screams at me, "I'm what's wrong! Fix me!"

Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    You're going to be an expert in appliance repair! (Let's pretend that's a bright spot in this whole dismal affair.)

    :)
    Trishelle said...
    3 dryers in 3 years?! Yikes! You are a trooper. It would drive me crazy not to have all my laundry done when I want it to be. Although it gives you a good perspective of how it was before washers were invented.

    One of the amazing things about you is your resourcefulness in situations like these. I have no doubt you will solve this obnoxious dilemma in no time flat!
    Lisa said...
    Might be worth the $300 :)
    Abby said...
    Unfortunately I'll even be able to solve this one on my own. Definitely not an expert or even an aspiring one.

    I think I would entertain the thought of a new $300 dryer if I didn't have to get rid of it in less than a year when we move...

    The funny thing to me -- is that my first dryer, before I moved HERE never had a problem. I'm telling you - it's Florida!
    Abby said...
    Ooops, I meant to say I WON'T be able to solve this one on my own...time for bed!
    Wendi said...
    You need an Ed. Ed was our landlord when we lived in NM. He could fix anything. Of course, the garage and the backyard were full of appliances and random crap waiting to be fixed, but when our dryer died, he was able to fix it. Wish I would have paid more attention so maybe I could have helped you!
    Jennie Z said...
    All I had to do was look at your little equation there and say Uh Oh!
    If you need to come down and use mine for a few days until you get yours figured out, you are certainly welcome too!
    Mary Beth said...
    Hey, I recently got a drying rack just like that one! Our house design has some sort of flaw in that all the houses like ours have dryer problems and it takes 3 cycles to dry one load of laundry- i got so sick of it (and all the wasted energy) I started hanging everything! Good luck! And I agree you are so resourceful- you'll get it worked out some way or another!

Post a Comment