Friday, October 31, 2008

Really?


Today I got a box of baby girl clothes from my awesome sister, Rae, and as I was looking through it Eric asked for the ultrasound pictures. So we pored over them again. And he's not sold. I still think it's a girl, although I admit that the ultrasound is a little fuzzy.

The ultrasound did end up being at 18 weeks rather than 20 since our dates were off, so the picture's not as distinct as it's has been with all of our others. And we did think we saw something "boyish" earlier on in the ultrasound but then the doctor said, "I think I saw girl parts." But it wasn't in a questioning "I think" but just a conversational "I think" if you get my drift. But then the technician puts ?? next to GIRL....so the technician wasn't sure even though the doctor said girl? Or are they supposed to put question marks so we don't get mad if they're wrong??

What do you guys think?


A little "ultrasound 101" if you're not sure what you're looking at...at the bottom are two roughly roundish shapes, that's the bum. And you can also see a leg & foot. And contrary to popular opinion, you can see girl parts when it's a girl. It's not simply "lack of boy parts" that make technicians and doctors say you're having a girl. I've seen enough girl ultrasound to know that's DEFINITELY true. Question is....is this one of them?

13 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    On further inspection, I am further sure that it's a girl. :)
    Trishelle said...
    Hmmmm. Very interesting thought process. Any chance of getting a re-do?
    Jean said...
    Hmmm.... most curious!!!
    Tiff said...
    Couldn't help ya.

    Both times, my techs/doctors said, "I think it's a girl."

    Even when they pulled Malia out, I had to ask, "It's a girl, right?"

    We're a little unsure about this one, too, but are planning on a girl. I'll have an US in 3 weeks, again. Hopefully they'll guarantee what it is by then... :/

    Good luck with yours. Again, couldn't help ya.
    jjstringham said...
    Having seen what both look like, that looks like a girl to me.
    Heidi said...
    That looks like girl to me but it is fuzzy. Want me to scan a boy ultrasound and we can compare? :)

    With Christopher and Bennett we did NOT want to find out gender but it was SO OBVIOUSLY BOY that they didn't have to say a thing and we could tell (even at 11 weeks with Bennett.) So our experience has been that you certainly can tell if it's a girl, but boys are not subtle and really apparent.

    Do you have a name?
    Abby said...
    Trishelle, sadly, we only get one ultrasound covered by our insurance...unless another becomes medically necessary. I keep wondering if we're unsure enough and want to know enough that it's worth it to pay for one...

    Heidi, Rae actually sent me pictures of Jaxon's ultrasound at 18 weeks. :) The funny thing is, this picture has so much "bum" in it, that if the angle were slightly different -- I'd feel more comfortable. But it seems like there is a possibility more could be hiding....Who knows though! We'll just have to wait and see!!
    Crystal said...
    Having only seen boys, your baby looks like a girl to me!
    chucknorris said...
    HA! It IS a boy afterall!
    Anna said...
    It is a little fuzzy, but I also think that it's a girl. Who knows maybe you will get a surprise when your baby is born. :)
    Mary Beth said...
    Oh dang...that would drive me crazy not knowing for sure! But maybe sort of fun to not know, huh? I always thought it would be fun to be surprised, but could never bring myself to not find out when it was possible to know.
    Qait said...
    No clue from your ultrasound, Abby. Looks like a baby is all!
    I hope it's a boy just so get the fun of variety.
    And maybe for Eric's sake.
    Starleigh said...
    I'm pretty sure it's a girl...If you want a good example of a boy ultrasound I'll bring Sawyers over next time I see you... Boys are generally VERY obvious about their sex... Congrats on the girl!!

Post a Comment