Friday, December 26, 2008

When I'm old and gray

I grinned and chuckled to myself today when I saw a thin, white-haired old man leaving the grocery store with one bag in hand, running across the street. He was wearing a gold-yellow stocking cap (not the Wee Willie Winkie kind, but the kind that still have a bit of the hat bunched atop the head, not flush with the head), carrying a brown/gold cane, wearing a white t-shirt, short gray shorts, black socks almost to his knees, and tennis shoes.

I shared with Eric when he came out of the store. He had seen him too and hoped I had.

Thank you sir, for making my day. For something to smile and laugh about. Someday I will have grandchildren of my own and they will giggle at the silly things I do too.

1 Comment:

  1. Rae said...
    I hope I'm the kind of little old lady who makes people laugh. :)

Post a Comment