Friday, December 26, 2008

Pictures to follow

Last week my grandma died after a long battle with cancer. She was diagnosed in 2005 and told it would be about 3-4 months. 40 months later...I was able to fly to Utah to be at the funeral and with family (thank you Mom & Dad!!).

It was a beautiful service and I am SO thankful for the time I was able to spend with family. We were all especially grateful for our testimonies of the gospel and to know that grandma is happy where she is, no longer in pain, and reuniting with family and friends who went before her. She brought so many of us together at such a special time, Christmas time, and I know she was happy that we could all be reunited as we remembered the wonderful life she led and the great example she was to all of us. It was a sad visit at times, but overall there was a great feeling of peace.

And despite the bad weather that the whole country has seen this week, I made it back in time to snuggle with my girls & Eric on our bed and read The Night Before Christmas after setting out cookies & milk for Santa.

We all had a wonderful Christmas and are still enjoying our presents. We are blessed. Soon I'll take a picture of Eric playing Guitar Hero to add to the other Christmas pictures that I'll upload to this post.

2 Comments:

  1. Crystal said...
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma's passing! But it sounds like she lead a good life and had lots of family support.
    Rae said...
    Beautifully written. Couldn't have said it better myself--I might link to you.

Post a Comment