Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No pictures will accompany this post. With good reason.

As I've been sitting here checking my email, Esther has visited me several times for help dressing and undressing. Help snap a onesie (on right-side out and right-side-up!), unsnap said onesie, snap onesie....she's gone from no onesie to onesie several times this morning. But the most recent unsnapping was followed by "I take off my diaper." And as I protested, "NO!" and reached for her, the diaper was already off and she was running down the hall to her bedroom.

So naturally, I followed her.

Only to find...THREE naked bums, water all over the room, an empty spray bottle, and Pachelbel's Canon in D playing on their stereo.

Pachelbel's Canon in D? It was like some weird movie scene where people are doing something crazy but the music is beautiful and calm....making it a dreamlike scene....you know the ones?

8 Comments:

  1. Lisa said...
    Oh man, that's awesome. I mean really, you must look at that and say, "I've raised 'em right. They're running around naked with a squirt bottle and listening to classical music." I can't imagine what else you'd want from motherhood :)
    Anna said...
    Wow, I don't think I could say anything else. Where do kids get these crazy ideas?! :)
    Gabe and Christina said...
    thanks for the recipe!!!!!
    Heidi said...
    That sounded like a scene from our typical morning until you said Canon in D. So THAT is what is missing from our days!! :) I wonder if that would help me react more calmly when Bennett flushes something down the toilet for the third time, if we keep classical music playing? I'm willing to try...
    Abbie said...
    Abby! how are you? I finally found your blog (I'm slow).

    This post is my favorite of the day. I am laughing so hard. Your girls are hilarious! And congrats on another girl!!! That's awesome!
    chucknorris said...
    OH MAN! that's funny...
    Jenn said...
    I literally am laughing out loud with tears threatening to run down my face after reading that. It is the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks.
    Qait said...
    Makes me imagine it going in slow motion or something, like a strange ballet to the beautiful music. Do you think they purposely chose that song? Of all the CDs to pick from!

Post a Comment