Monday, September 10, 2007

Security

Lately I've been thinking a lot about this wonderful age of technology. Blogs and email are of course my favorites. I love how both help me feel connected to all my friends and family that are so far away.

However...I've also been thinking about how vast the internet is...how accessible things are...how you never know who's out there. With blogs that could be scary...everyone knowing all these things about me without my consent! Granted, I don't typically post things that would bother me if strangers read them, but at the same time....I've decided to make my blog "by invitation only".

If you read my blog, post a comment so that I know to add you to my list of family and friends. I'll give it a week or so before I switch, to make sure all my family and friends have had a chance to post a comment. Just say you're reading and want to be on the list or something to that effect. Don't worry about giving emails, I've got them. If you think I don't, email me yours.

Love you all!

8 Comments:

  1. raehink said...
    Good idea, Abby! Keep me on the list, please. Aunt Rae
    Melody said...
    I read your blog all the time!! (BTW go check out my pic on Facebook :) )
    Mary Beth said...
    Sign me up! I've been wondering the same thing about my blog...
    Crystal said...
    Dont forget to add me!!
    Christine said...
    I'd like to be included! Good idea. how do you do make it invitation only anyways?
    Abby said...
    Christine - Just go to settings after you log-in and then the "Permissions" tab where you add the email addresses of those you want on your list.
    Anna said...
    I was just talking to other women in my ward about this...smart move. Love you!
    J&C Hale family said...
    I'd enjoy being on the list too. Jean has my email if you need it.
    Christina

Post a Comment