Saturday, May 23, 2009

ME

Typically, I don't like pictures of myself. It's not an unhealthy attitude toward myself, it's really just that no matter how hard I try to be ready for the picture; I'm always talking,


I've just finished talking a second ago, I'm in the middle of helping a kid,


I make a really dumb face,

I hold my head at an awkward angle,
I stare,


I can't smile naturally,


or someone snaps a picture on a day when cameras are just not a good idea (that means I haven't gotten ready yet that day...).

So when we visited Eric's parents a couple of weeks ago, we went to the Smithsonian. And while I sat at a bench on the mall, feeding Becca, Eric snapped a picture. And I like it! YAY! Nevermind the sunglasses...I still like it.

6 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    And so do I! This is so you, so beautiful.
    Lisa said...
    Hooray! I know what you mean, I have a hard time finding profile pictures for things like blogger, facebook, goodreads. That's why I pick this one in which I'm just making a weird face :)
    Leah Marie said...
    Its a totally cute picture and a natural Abby smile!
    Abby said...
    Thanks guys! :D
    Trishelle said...
    Abby, I LOVE your pictures! You are way more photogenic than you give yourself credit for! The last one is my favorite and the sunglasses only serve to prove your coolness along with your adorability (is that even a word?!)
    Mandi said...
    I know what you mean about pictures, and the not liking. It's rare that I like a picture of myself. In my case, however, it's because I'm just so much cuter in my head than I am on film. So, I prefer to keep my mental image and not a digital one.

Post a Comment