Friday, May 22, 2009

Decorating brainstorm

I'm glad the kids don't read my blog yet. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do this.

I'm thinking ahead to birthdays and brainstorming. Autumn & Heidi love making forts and putting curtains up on their bunkbed (it's a red metal twin over a full bed). I started thinking (dangerous I know!) and they keep asking if we can decorate their room but I deter them. In the past every time I tried, they took everything down within DAYS.

I'm hoping that if I decorate in a way that plays toward their playing tendencies, they'd love it. And they're older now. So I think it'd be great if I could make bed curtains for the bottom bunk. But then what do I do for the top bunk? Canopies look strange to me on bunkbeds so I don't want to do that. I'd like to do a bed tent on the top but I want to coordinate what I do with the top bunk to what I do on the bottom bunk.

I'm going to pull out a sketchpad and see what I come up with. Anybody else have any ideas? Here are some pictures to get your creative juices flowing:






2 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    I totally laughed out loud about Heidi slipping mid sentence and getting right back up. In fact I read it again because it was just to funny! I just love little kids for that reason. When i taught Jr. High it made me realize how quickly kids grow up and start to worry and be embarrassed about little things, but little kids just have the sweetest innocence about it all, we should all learn from them!
    cmnacnud said...
    I'd let them make it, with supervision of course. I'd have them put glowing stars on the ceiling, and decorate their bunk beds with a colored soft side of the Velcro then get fabric bugs and princess stuff then they can put the decorations where ever they want, when they want.

Post a Comment