Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Illusion of TIME

Hehe. I've looked forward to Autumn's kindergarten year expecting to have so much time at home to get things done. How could it be otherwise? Only two girls to have around instead of the usual three - I'm bound to get more done. Right? Right? Yeah right!

There seems to be a strange phenomenon taking place in my house! Two children suddenly feel like the same amount of work as three! How do they do it? How is this even possible?

But in all seriousness and in thinking it over, I realize there's more to this than meets the eye. We've been out of our own home for TWO months and only been in our own NEW place for TWO WEEKS.

So we've added to the normal "adjusting to kindergarten" for Autumn and "adjusting to big sis being gone" for Heidi -- a move and a place they can finally call their own after our global summer.

I'll have to remember to cut them some slack. And myself (because those boxes are neverending!).

4 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    Yeah, that adjustment period can be tougher on our babies than we think! I know that with the boys it was hard to learn the new rules, because those shift somewhat in new surroundings. You can do it, though! And things will settle down beautifully soon enough.
    Mary Beth said...
    I know exactly what you mean! I'm hoping thing smooth out over the next week- all around. Good luck with those boxes!
    raehink said...
    I think the boxes multiply and replenish at night while we sleep. We are up to our eyeballs in them. I thought I would have oodles of time since I am not working. For that matter Ivan is unemployed at the moment also. It seems like we get less sleep and have tons more to do. Hopefully things will settle down for both of our families in a month or so? Know that we think of you fondly with all your boxes and little ones!
    Abby said...
    Thanks guys! I think rooms are slowly emerging. The kitchen only has two drawers that are out of order and the office is done. Actually, the girls' room is done too...we did that first. And our bedroom at least has walkways. :) We're making progress. I can't believe how many trash trips we've made though! And not just for the boxes and packing materials!

Post a Comment