Monday, January 26, 2009

I know it's been awhile since I've written regularly, but even among the sporadic posts I have done, I feel like it's been awhile since I've written about what we've been up to! So...in no particular order...

Homeschooling:
We are finding our homeschooling groove. I've heard that being pregnant and homeschooling is the hardest time to homeschool. I believe it! But we're finally feeling like we've found our niche and we like the different curriculums we're using. I'm getting excited for the fall and homeschooling when NOT pregnant. We're planning for a break when the baby comes, but hopefully just a couple of weeks.

Graduate School: Eric's semester is in full-swing. Midsummer is still in the coaching stages so no late-night rehearsals yet. I'm grateful that once the late rehearsals start, they'll only last about a month. We're looking forward to this opera. It's a fun one!

An Ear Infection: November I took Esther to the Urgent Care when Esther woke up two hours after going to bed SCREAMING and inconsolable. Our girls seem to have high pain thresholds and don't usually cry when they have ear infections, but not this time. On the way out our door, she was pulling at her ear and crying, "Get it out!"

Asthma: Also November, a doctor at Urgent Care told Eric he had asthma! We realized he had been writing off the wheezing he experienced when working out and off and on otherwise (for YEARS) as him being wimpy or out of shape. Men can be silly that way sometimes...

Stitches: December, while I was in Utah, Eric took Heidi to the Urgent Care after she gouged her forehead jumping from a bed to a couch and landing on a broken drumstick. She didn't even cry. In less than a year, two of our three kiddos have had stitches! First Eric leaves and Esther gets stitches. I leave and Heidi gets stitches. We better not take any overnight vacations anytime soon or it'll be Autumn's turn! (Wow, I'm so thankful for a place like Urgent Care where they can treat serious things but not so "ER" serious things...and I'm SO thankful for health insurance!)

Chiropractor & more Asthma: January found us both visiting our primary care physician -- Eric for an official asthma diagnosis and more medication; me for a referral to a chiropractor (darn sacroiliac joint...which I think my Dr. was saying still falls into the "sciatica" category of symptoms?).

Graduate School Auditions, again: It feels like we just DID graduate auditions...because we did. But this week Eric auditioned for FSU's doctorate program. Soon he'll audition for USC's doctorate program. After the amount of time it took us to finish a bachelor's, it's strange to have been here for such a short time and already, in August, he'll have his Master's.

8 Comments:

  1. Anna said...
    Wow, you certainly have had a lot to keep you busy! It seems you guys have become good friends with Urgent Care, I hope that won't continue for you. :) Hope applications go well for you guys, you are always in our thoughts and prayers. We so wish we could be closer.
    Jean said...
    Wow, craziness at the Hanson place in the past couple of months!! I had no idea that you homeschooled, but I'm not surprised at all, because you've always been very education-minded. Good for you, and pregnant too!!
    Qait said...
    Yeah, I'm not jealous. Poor you! I'm so glad your pregnancies are generally normal. At least that's one thing you probably feel a little more control over--maybe. Hm...maybe. How have you been with it?
    katyn said...
    Ouch! I'm glad you guys are still okay. Do you know the Instacare staff by name yet? I can't believe that you are already planning on moving again to start a doctoral program.
    Emily said...
    USC? Come to Southern CA! What a crazy few months, and did I see on facebook that you're moving right now? Wow! Good luck with these last few weeks of pregnancy! I bet your cute girls are so smart.
    Mandi said...
    Wait. What happened to Germany? Is that not going to happen now? And maybe you and Sarah Nelson should swap homeschooling notes. She's doing that too. Good for you!
    Mandi said...
    Sorry. That's M.E. For Mandi Ellsworth.
    Liz said...
    Thanks for the great update. I don't check your blog (or anyone's, really) very often but when I do it's always a treat. I love you!

Post a Comment