Thursday, September 25, 2008

General Conference is coming up and I'm working on things for the girls to do while listening. I hope that the activities I've found for them will help them listen to the messages (as much as developmentally possible for each of their stages...).

In April I made something that I was really excited about using with the girls. It didn't go over the way I hoped it would because we had company watching with us but we'll try again in a couple of weeks.

I found pictures of all the General Authorities of the Church and Presidencies of Auxillaries (Sunday School, Relief Society, Young Men, Young Women, Primary) and the idea is for the kids to find the speaker's picture, glue it into their booklet and then draw or write what the speaker talks about.

I couldn't find a way to upload PDF's to my blog. If anyone knows of a way to do that, let me know! I did a fair amount of research and I guess it's just not possible yet.

But if you're interested in the packet, let me know and I'll email you the files I made. I also have some ideas on how to revise the packet to work for younger kids (I'm thinking 2-3 year olds).

14 Comments:

  1. Liz Johnson said...
    I'm totally interested!!! I REALLY need help with getting Connor to engage in stuff like this!
    Wendi said...
    Hey I'm totally interested in this! I don't think Zub has the attention span yet, but Shannie would be all over this! Thanks so much Abby!
    Rae said...
    Can't wait to do this--and I LOVE your new layout.
    Lisa said...
    So obviously it wouldn't be for several conferences to come, but I am interested :)

    lisa.badal@gmail.com
    Kristen said...
    I am interested! Thank you for doing all the research!
    Sheila said...
    I love you! You always have the cutest ideas! I'd love for you to email it to me and really appreciate it!! So Justin is nearly 3, so any ideas for a younger kiddo would be fab!!!
    THANKS AGAIN!!
    Sheila said...
    oh, my email is sheilacapell@hotmail.com! I think you have it, but just in case!
    Kim said...
    I'm a friend of a friend (my sister is Trishelle's friend) and I wonder if you could e-mail me the packet. clementplanet@yahoo.com

    Thanks!
    Molly said...
    Ok, I'm Definetly intersted!!! TanuvasaCasa@gmail.com Email me please...I've been dying to email you, but I can't find your email address so that we can REALLY get a chance to catch up!
    -Mol
    Anna said...
    Thanks for sending it to me. What a great idea.
    Headle said...
    Ooh, count me in :D I would love to hear your ideas for younger kids too! You are sooo creative! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents with us!!
    headle10@gmail.com
    Trishelle said...
    Hey, that is so cool! We would totally be interested! Thanks for the scoop! (The kids will thank you too)!
    Crystal said...
    Email me! And let me know your ideas to revise it to a 2-year-old...and if you have any ideas for a 29-year-old :)
    Emnacnud said...
    i would love one, my email is emnacnud@gmail.com

Post a Comment