Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's here! It's here!

Some of you know (and if you didn't know you do now :)) that Eric has been working on a CD this last year. In January he went to Utah as a guest singer for the Young Artist's Competition and while he was there he recorded a CD and it is DONE and ready to go!!!If you go HERE you can see purchase info and listen to samples of each song. Some of my favorites are:
Adam-ondi-ahman
Weepin Mary (oh how I love this song! Every time I listen I just want to set it on repeat....)
Guide Me to Thee
and Amazing Grace

I am so proud of Eric for all the hard work and long hours he has put into this project!! And I know you will all be able to tell how much love he put into as well. This project has really been a work of love & testimony. I can hear it even as he sings. Hope you all enjoy it!!!!


Some snippets about the CD, from his blog:


Well, I can finally announce the release of my CD Sabbath Songs! I have put a lot of hard work and effort into this, and am very pleased with the final product. The arrangements are wonderful, and I worked with some of the best in the business!

For purchase information and clips, CLICK HERE.

If you have any questions about the project let me know. Once my distributor releases the CD on their website and when it goes to Deseret Book I will let you know.

Special thanks to everyone who helped make this possible: to Dr. Clayne Robison and his compiling of the books and continued support throughout the project. To all of the performers who worked with me: Deanna Lunt for her sweet soprano sound, John Allen Kovalenko and his amazing fiddling fingers, and Larry Blackburn for his incredible accompanying. To the arrangers, particularly Dan Carter who did the majority of the pieces, and whose pieces will most likely make up the majority of Sabbath Song III. To Clive Romney and his recording studio, to Cyrus Gardner for his mixing & mastering. And finally to my family and parents for their wonderful support.

I hope you enjoy the CD.

Editor's Note: And
huge thanks to Tim Anderson for doing the artwork for the CD cover!!! Go Tim! We love your work and are so grateful for your talents in art!!!

Oh, and some of you may get this again in email format just because we don't want to miss anyone! So, sorry if you see this more than once!! :)

5 Comments:

  1. Jean said...
    CONGRATS TO ERIC!!!!! I'm so glad his CD is out now! That is wonderful news. Yay! (And congrats to you too, supportive wife. I know you'd never pat yourself on the back, but I'm sure you've done a lot to help this happen too.) :-D

    I love the samples - his voice is so strong and smooth. I've missed hearing him sing at Wymount. (I can't believe we got to hear him for free all the time, haha!)
    Abby said...
    Thanks Jean!!! And oh, I realized we hadn't included TIM'S name in the people who contributed to the project so he's on there now! :)
    Trishelle said...
    Congrats on the c.d. We know it's been a long time coming. As for Harry Potter, it's been so fun for us. I plan to stop at the end of the third one for a while. They get a little more intense and I don't think our oldest is quite old enough yet. But that's just my take on it. :)
    Headle said...
    WOW!!! I just listened to a sample off of Tim and Jean's blog!! Its BEAUTIFUL!!! He is SO TALENTED! This is soooo exciting!!!
    Jennie Z said...
    I had to check out your blog before I forgot. Congrats on Eric's new CD!

Post a Comment