Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wakulla Springs

We went to Wakulla Springs with Mom & Dad Hanson while they were here visiting. Wakulla Springs is the deepest freshwater spring in the WORLD and it's only 30 minutes away from Tallahassee. I was hoping to see some of the manatees but they must've been busy. We saw LOTS of other great wildlife though. And I have never been that close to this kind of wildlife before. It was kind of surreal. It would have been even more surreal if I could have blocked out our boat guide's repetitive jokes...but, meh, such is life. We had a great time despite that -- and in some cases because of that. He did know a lot about the spring (and I suppose each joke was funny...the first time). And kudos to Eric for taking some AMAZING pictures.














7 Comments:

  1. Crystal said...
    Sounds super cool! And are you carrying Esther in a baby bjorn thing? If so, I can't believe she still fits in it!!
    Abby said...
    Crystal -- yes I was! I didn't even think it was out of the ordinary that day but now that you mention it...

    She weighs 22 lbs so I think she's still within the weight limits for it. She's getting a little on the long side so it's not the greatest but it was the best option for a boat-ride. ;)
    Crystal said...
    She's so petite! I love it. Lincoln weighed 21 lbs at six months, so I can't even imagine having a 22-lb two year-old!!
    Abby said...
    It's so funny that Esther, Lincoln, AND Emma are about the same age yet the all differ so much in weight, height and stature! How much does Lincoln weigh now?
    Anna said...
    Mom and Dad were showing me pictures and telling me about all the things you guys did. Sounds like and looks like it was a lot of fun!
    Crystal said...
    Lincoln's right around 32 or 33 lbs.
    Jean said...
    Incredible pictures!! Kudos to Eric - he's quite the photographer. It all looks so pretty!! So fun!

Post a Comment