Monday, November 28, 2011

Details & D-Day

Our fifth little Hanson will debut sometime around July 1st. Since my body is refusing to cooperate with my wishes to keep things on the down-low for another few weeks, I'm announcing the exciting news!

Here are some things that have been happening around here as this little one has been cookin':

- I had an ultrasound last week and this little "grape" was super wiggly. That was fun. It was even more fun to confirm that there is only ONE babe in there. This was an early ultrasound, so no gender yet. That should be happening around mid-February.

- I amazed that I am gaining weight considering how sick I've been. I'm hoping for only a few more weeks of this stage...

- I think I look like I'm 20 weeks pregnant instead of the mere 9 weeks. Hopefully I'll still look this size when I really am 20 weeks...I can dream.

- I got a positive test earlier than ANY of my others.

- I got sick earlier than ANY of the others.

- My sense of smell is crazy! This has never been a pregnancy symptom for me.

- Do these last three things mean it's a boy? Or is it just psychological? Only answer if you think it's the former...

- Colds and pregnancy are not friends.

- I'm typically a night owl, but not lately! Several nights a week I'm out by 9pm. Yikes.

- Autumn got big sister privileges and came with me to my appointment on Friday. I told her the news on the way there. She said, "Eeeeeee!", among other things.

- We told the rest of the kids yesterday and Heidi said, "I cannot believe I'm hearing this!" and "I hope I have a baby brother!"

- Esther didn't believe me.

- Becca said, "Oh."

- The strange dreams have begun. Last night I dreamed there was a tiger in the house and noone else cared to do anything about it. They knew it was there, they just didn't understand the seriousness. I mean, come on, a tiger?!

9 Comments:

  1. Christy said...
    I have to laugh at this because I think, other than when you told your kids, everything else is the exact same here! We're due June 21st but I'm always a week or more late. So fun we're doing the 5th baby at the same time!
    Liz Johnson said...
    YAY YAY YAY!! I am so excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!
    Christine said...
    WOHOO! Congrats!
    jjstringham said...
    Hahaha. I love the the two youngest girls' responses. Congratulations again! That's so exciting!
    Wendi said...
    Congratulations Abby! I can't say whether your new symptoms are indicative of a boy or not... I think all my pregnancies have had their weird quirks... just like my kids. It'll be exciting either way!
    Sarah said...
    Haha, your kids' reactions are great. Congratulations!!! I hope you feel better soon!
    Emnacnud said...
    yeah, here's hoping for a boy, a lot of my friends that are all girls have had their first boy, as # 5 (alot as in 2 friends) so hears hoping :).
    Jean said...
    Okay, naturally I am really hoping for a little Hanson boy to mix it up. But CONGRATULATIONS either way, of course!!!!!
    Qait said...
    Crossing toes and fingers and eyes and ...everything... that it's a boy!!!
    I'm so so so happy and excited for you!

Post a Comment