Monday, April 12, 2010

Opera Widow

No pity party here, just the facts because it's so insane I have to document it.

Tech week is here.


This week more than next week I am an opera widow because, on top of school and work, there is opera. With room for little else.

Monday: 07:30am - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 09:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 07:30am - 10:00pm
Thursday: 07:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 07:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday(!): 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday(!!): 1:00pm - 11:00pm

Intense, huh?

And we learned at the doctor's last week that Eric has an inflamed nerve, or neuroma, in his right foot. He went to the doctor wondering if he had a stress fracture because of intermittent pain over the last few months. The prescription? Stay off your feet as much as possible. (As well as some physical therapy.)

Ha.

Ha hah.

Yeah. That'll be put on the backburner till after the opera.

I don't say any of this to complain. It really is not a pity party and I hope that anyone who follows our blog knows that without this added note. Just love and support, please. Does that make sense? We love our life and all we've filled it with. I don't feel sorry for myself this week and know the girls and I will be just fine. But if you think of us this week, could you say an extra prayer or two? This is QUITE a week for Eric.

9 Comments:

  1. Anna said...
    Wow!! You are certainly in our prayers. Hope all goes well with the opera, school, his foot, your sanity, etc... Love you guys and miss you a ton.
    Liz Johnson said...
    Besides the Sunday hours, that's my husband's regular schedule for the past 2.5 years. Dude, I am so sorry. I'm used to it, so it's not as bad, but having that schedule EVER is miserable. I can barely do it with two kids - good luck with four! You have my utmost sympathies/well-wishes for this week!
    Abby said...
    Thanks Anna. :)

    And Liz, isn't it amazing what we can get used to? Eric's normal "rehearsal" opera schedule which had him there this late on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This year he did an opera both semesters (never again!). I can't even imagine this being the norm for 2-3 years. You rock. Period.
    Jean said...
    Ahhh!! That IS intense!! Hang in there... y'all will definitely be in our prayers. :-)
    Lisa said...
    Wow, what a schedule! Good luck to him, and to you! We're the opposite right now--if we lived closer then John and I could help out :)
    Rae said...
    You of course have our prayers! I know this doesn't compare, but I feel much the same about Phill and his basketball and volleyball, and he feels the same about my photo shoots. We LOVE to let each other follow our bliss! When we're able to balance it all (HA), it really contributes to the peace in our home.
    Christine said...
    That is an insane schedule! That is an awesome photo of Eric though, we'll be praying for all of you!
    Qait said...
    I know what that feels like! Michael had some jobs that kept him away all day every day (really, EVERY day), and sometimes I didn't even see him except for a good morning kiss that I MIGHT remember if I was awake enough and then he'd wake me when he got home for a goodnight kiss. Whew...I don't miss that.
    It's kind of lonely, isn't it? But I hope that week is definitely OVER. ;) And I hope Eric can start fixing his foot!
    Liz said...
    I love you so much Abby. I will keep praying for you guys, even though this is in the past. You still need 'em, right? :)
    I love your positive outlook!! It's refreshingly inspiring and happy!

Post a Comment