Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Juxtaposition

(an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast)

+Apple cake is baking in the oven. It smells heavenly and makes it feel like fall here even if the weather does not.

-Three kids are in the bathroom using towels to clean up water from all over the bathroom floor. Heidi says Esther did it. Esther says Heidi did it. Autumn cleans and leaves the blame behind.

+Becca is napping. Sweet peace. Not quiet though. But still, I am thankful for the time to get things done while she sleeps.

-Ants are raiding my backyard. We seemed to rouse a lively nest from the cracks of our cement patio while rinsing off chalk drawings. I hope they don't try to take up residence in our house again. I'm not ready to do battle again, but I will. Oh I will.

+Halloween is only a few days away and we're all dressing up this year. It's going to be fun. I love my costume this year. Simple, yet a very fun idea. And very appropriate.

-My living room looks like a tornado hit.

+My kitchen is taking shape.

-Eric was gone till 11pm last night, after leaving at 10am.

+Tonight he'll be home earlier.

And that, my friends, has been my day - juxtaposed.

4 Comments:

  1. Lisa said...
    Oooo, I want to know what your costume is! Do tell!!
    Jean said...
    Oooh, I'm with Lisa, I can't wait to hear about your Halloween costumes!! And that apple cake sounds deeeelish!
    Abby said...
    Sorry guys! You'll have to sit tight for the "big reveal". :D I'll post pictures this weekend after our trunk or treat.
    Rae said...
    :) I liked that post.

Post a Comment