Monday, August 30, 2010

Autumn & Heidi have been begging to take out their instruments and do a "concert" since Autumn brought home her cello Saturday (and they did play for a little that day). Tonight when we had finally completed all the other "necessaries", I told them they could play with Esther when she played Pop Goes the Weasel. She hadn't practiced yet today and I wanted to get in at least a few minutes!


So Esther plays Pop Goes the Weasel with a clip her teacher emailed us. Something like two or three violins. Anyway, it starts and suddenly I realize that Autumn can pluck along with the lower part, just plucking her middle two strings, alternating. And that Heidi can play on the first of those two notes. And so we did a trio of Pop Goes the Weasel. On violin, cello, and guitar! But the violin playing the actual melody was recorded, because Esther just plays "pop" and I realized....I could play it on my flute. Talk about a strange quartet. Violin, cello, guitar, and flute. And they loved it! And of course I loved it! We only lasted about 10 minutes trying to do it a few times and have everyone ready at the same time, but it sure was fun. :)

5 Comments:

  1. Rae said...
    YES!! This makes me SOOOO happy....
    Lisa said...
    That's so cute!! I love it!
    Qait said...
    :D AAAHH!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!
    Qait said...
    (the first time I read that, I squealed with glee)
    (this will demonstrate how wacko my emotions are whilst I "experience data," hah hah, what an inside joke):
    When I went back to the post to read it over again really quickly, I got all weepy thinking about your girls becoming very good at their instruments and playing together often...wow.
    That's so cool.
    Jennie Z said...
    So cute! Your girls music lessons sound so fun! Loved the nail polish story. It also seems that every time I check your blog someone has cut their hair again. You might be fighting that battle for a long time! Try putting the scissors in a lock box :) Totall not practical for you though. Are you still homeschooling? IS it going well?

Post a Comment